There are many initiatives out there offering activities to be done in here.
In the time of #StayHome, here’s a list of all kind of activities that can be safely practised from home.
Schoolwork help via video
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask a question or book a mini online lesson.
- Maths at any level
- Primary school any subject
- Possibly other subjects up to GCSE/A-Level
- General chat about how you are getting on
- Help with motivation/organisation
- If you’re a parent of a small child and you want them to see another face.
Tuition is offered by Jane Goodland, a secondary maths teacher with DBS check.
Kids everywhere can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories, including titles across six different languages, that will help them continue dreaming, learning, and just being kids.
All stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.
Explore the collection, select a title and start listening.
40+ Toddlers Activities
BusyToddler.com have collected a list of 40+ easy to make indoors activities to keep all toddlers busy while boosting creativity and learning.
Amazon Prime Kids
Amazon Prime has released a lot of kids videos on their Prime platform completely for free. You only need a free Amazon account to access the videos using the link below.
Time for Kids
Free access to a library of four grade-specific digital editions of TIME for Kids and Your $ financial literacy magazine.
This section needs some love, but here is a collection of links to lists of museums that offer virtual tours:
- 10 virtual museum tours worldwide
- From the CNN: virtual concerts, plays, museums and other culture you can enjoy from home
- 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours worldwide
Also this section needs some love, nonetheless here are some initial pointers:
- 7 free courses to take during the pandemic
- 5 free courses for Data Scientists, Machine Learning and other IT professionals
- Learn 36 languages for free on Duolinguo (includes Klingon and Welsh)
- 100 free courses and certifications on Cursera
Google has several free ebook titles in the Play Store as well. While many of them are public domain titles you can get just about anywhere, it’s a simple way to read classics right on your Android device.
Youtube videos by the City Council
Cambridge City Council have uploaded some home exercise videos starring their Exercise Referral Coordinator, Robert Taylor. These videos are great for older people who would like the chance to stay active whilst at home.
Monday to Friday 9 am live on YouTube
Joe Wicks (The Body Coach) is doing a morning PE lesson for children to join in but it is more than suitable for adults to do too.
On his Youtube channel accessible with the button below you can also catch-up on previous episodes.
Yoga with Adriene
Recorded Yoga sessions on youtube by Yoga with Adriene, an online community of over 6 million subscribers. She publishes free Yoga Videos and has a library of over 500 free videos and growing.