PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SERVICE IS NO LONGER OPERATING
A helpline number to provide advice to residents who may be struggling to get essential supplies (food, prescription medicines) during the Covid-19 restrictions has been launched in Trumpington.
The helpline is aimed particularly at those who may have trouble using the internet, or are struggling to get online delivery. Everything we are able to provide is also available on the trumpington.info website. It will serve as a link between people who need help with shopping or prescription delivery and local volunteer groups.
The Supply Lines helpline will be open from 12 Midday to 4pm Monday-Friday, and can be reached on 01223 66 22 91
They are putting together lists of options for online delivery. None of them are a perfect solution. They will suggest these options as part of the advice available on the Supply Lines helpline.
- Sainsburys/Tesco/Asda/Ocado (all very busy – some not accepting new customers)
- Sainsbury’s 0333 999 8412 vulnerable persons helpline (very busy!)
- Click-and-Collect that can be picked up by a neighbour?
- Deliveroo Essentials
- Kale and Damson — https://www.kaleanddamson.co.uk
- Cambridge Fruit Co
- Full Circle: https://fullcircleshop.co.uk/pages/click-collect-and-delivery-information
- Fresh in a Box https://freshinabox.co.uk/
- Pets at Home (Pet food only!)
They are also looking out for volunteers to staff the phoneline – this can be done from home, and a full script and training is provided. Please contact them via Cllr Dan Summerbell on email@example.com.